It is also very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. So, please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The content on the Site is not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
WHO WE ARE
The Happy Colour Shop is currently run by Fanni Williams as an independent small business/sole trader. Fanni Williams is also the data controller. You can contact the data controller by emailing email@example.com, or in writing to 1/1 Brand Drive, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH15 3AL United Kingdom
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you access the Site, (we appreciate you stopping by!) we automatically collect specific information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. As you browse the Site, we collect information about the which web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. This automatically collected information is referred to as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, making shipping/postage arrangements, and providing you with invoices and order confirmations). We may also use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- To review our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more often to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by analysing how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the performance of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We also gather Device information, which we may use to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you. The Device Information may also allow us to measure and understand the effectiveness of such advertising.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We may also receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, as well as providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
If you have registered and given consent to receive email newsletters from The Happy Colour Shop we will contact you from time to time with shop product updates via email to the address you provided.
As a subscriber to the newsletter your personal details will be securely stored by MailChimp, our email-marketing partner and we will not share your contact information with any other third party.
You can unsubscribe at any time in one of the following ways.
- Following the 'Unsubscribe' link in any of our email newsletters.
- Emailing your request to unsubscribe to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We review our newsletter subscription list from time to time. If it appears that you are no longer opening emails over a period of time (for example 12 months) we will assume that you would prefer to unsubscribe from such mailings and we will remove your personal information from our newsletter list.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use Royal Mail and My Hermes (Courier) for the shipping of the majority or the orders that are placed with us. Royal Mail and My Hermes (Courier) are only provided with the essential level of personal information needed for the package to reach its destination.
- We us Shopify Payments (powered by stripe) and PayPal for the processing of payments for items purchased from the Site. Such card processing companies are only provided with the essential level of personal information needed to process these payments.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about targeted advertising, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative's ("NAI") educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the following links:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Please note, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance's opt-out portal at: http://optout/aboutads.info/
DO NOT TRACK
Please be aware that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, therefore European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets specific criteria.
Some of our third party service providers are based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
In the event that we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of personal data protection; or
- Where we use certain service providers, they may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have the equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific data transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Data protection laws give you fundamental rights in relation to your personal data. This includes the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about your rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
As a security measure we would need to request certain information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request so that we can respond faster.
We will do our best to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. On occasion it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). As a small independent business, with customer privacy our utmost priority, we would be most grateful if you contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Also please note, if you are a European resident we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (such as if you place an order and complete the purchase through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests outlined above. Please be aware that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to countries like Canada and the United States.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. This includes the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When determining what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical or historical accounting purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice.
The Site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
If you would like more information regarding our privacy practices, if you have any questions or wish to make a complaint, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Happy Colour Shop, 1/1 Brand Drive, Edinburgh, Scotland EH15 3AL United Kingdom